An entire month has already passed since our inaugural monthly review post. The links below summarize a few highlights from the month of May, which has been an eventful month:
- GNet Group won the Microsoft Partner of the Quarter Award for the North Central Region. Additionally, GNet Group’s Neelesh Raheja won an award for Microsoft Partner Representative of the Quarter. Neelesh is Vice President of Consulting Services for GNet Group and he can be followed on Twitter at @PracticalBI. There is still time to register for the Minnesota Microsoft BI User Group presentation on June 5th at which Neelesh will be a presenter. Click here to register.
- Microsoft, SAP, IBM, Citrix, Progress Software and WSO2 co-submitted OData to OASIS for standardization of open data that will enable seamless connections to open data throughout the world. Momentum is building for a single standard to enable fluid mash-ups of data worldwide.
- While on the subject of Government Data, we presented on that topic at DAMA International’s Minnesota Chapter on May 16th. A copy of the presentation slides can be found on the DAMA MN site by clicking here.
- GNet Group published several new blog articles and a new video:
- PowerPivot Design with DOE Fukushima Incident Radiological Air Sample Data
- Development in PowerPivot with DOE Fukushima Incident Radiological Air Sample Data
- PowerPivot Dashbords with DOE Fukushima Incident Radiological Air Sample Data
- Video: Create a PowerPivot Dashboard with DOE Fukishima Incident Data
- Microsoft BI Video Uses Power View to Display Mashed-Up Twitter Hadoop Data
- Microsoft SharePoint Video: Where to get SharePoint Information Worker Content
- The Case for Automation
- The Case for Automation – Part 2
- BI Design for FAA Aircraft Wildlife Strike Data
- FAA Aircraft Wildlife Strike Data Model and Dashboard in PowerPivot
- Upcoming Events at GNet Group
- Recent Awards Won by GNet Group
Check back Thursday for our first video of FAA Wildlife Strike Data in PowerPivot dashboards. Also, check back periodically for new updates regarding events, presentations, and learning opportunities.